Sunday, July 1, 2007

Shepherd's Pie

Dinner 7/1 by Juan

Apologies for the image, but some dinners are just not photogenic.



• Shepherd's Pie with Golden Gravy

• Home-baked Bread

• Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

I made up the Shepherd's pie based on my mother's old recipe. Although hers used ground beef instead of TVP. Normally, I would only make this if I had more vegetables; peas come to mind. Still, it came out pretty tasty with just onions, carrots, garlic and TVP under those mashed potatoes.

The Golden Gravy is a heavily-modified (read: screwed up) version of the one from The Farm Cookbook. I messed it up, ran with it, and it came out okay.

I was going to make biscuits, but I ran out of time, so home-baked bread it was.

Vegan with a Vengeance has a recipe called Big Gigantoid Crispy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies (or something like that). These were not them, a fact I realized halfway through the recipe. Instead, these are the Crispy Peanut Butter Cookies from the same book, with vegan chocolate chips thrown in.

No comments: