Friday, September 7, 2007

Thai Coconut Curry, Long Grain Brown Rice, Corn on the Cob, Tomato Salad, Melon

Dinner 9/7 by Dan



• Thai Coconut Curry

• Long Grain Brown Rice

• Corn on the Cob

• Tomato Salad

• Melon

Dan made his own coconut curry from scratch tonight. It was incredible! He used some lemongrass, cilantro root, hot peppers and garlic from his garden with some galangal and coconut milk he bought during a recent trip. The veggies are onions, patty pan squash, dakota squash and yard long beans. Served over some long grain rice (made with tomato juice) from his personal stash, it was just like I've had at Thai restaurants.

The tomato salad isn't in the photo because I don't like raw tomato and therefore didn't serve myself any. From what I remember, it had large chunks of tomato and fresh basil. I imagine it also had a dressing of some sort, but I'm not sure.

The melons are some of the last from our garden. We had lots of small cantaloupe and a few tiny, not sweet watermelons this year. Some of the cantaloupes were sweet and others not so much. I wonder what we could do to encourage sweetness in the melons we grow. Perhaps it's the variety?

No comments: