Sunday, August 5, 2007

Leftover Burgers, Fried Squash & Beans, Crispy Chewies

Dinner 8/5 by Juan



• Leftover burgers with various condiments

• Fried squash and beans

• Chocolate crispy chewies

Leftover burgers are the dinner that happens when there's just far too many tupperwares in the refrigerator. In an attempt to make room, I took a lot of the leftovers, blended them up with a little salt, spices, water and flour to bind them together, and fried them up. These particular burgers hold lentils, rice, chickpeas, green beans, onions, tomatoes, and other things I'm sure I'm missing.

There was an abundance of squash and beans from our garden, so I simply threw them in a pan with some onions, a little oil, and some soy sauce. I'm really quite pleased with how it turned out.

I came back from visiting my mother with a box of a chocolate-flavored crispy rice cereal. I couldn't let such a treat go to waste, so I pulled out Cooking The Whole Foods Way, found the recipe for crispy chewies, and made this super chocolafied dessert. I ended up using sunflower seed butter instead of almond butter (since we didn't have any of the latter). I'll tell you how it came out after my sugar coma wears off.

No comments: