Friday, June 1, 2007

Eggless Omelette Breakfast

Breakfast 6/1 by Amy



• Eggless Omelette with Green Onion, Broccoli, Spinach, Soysage and Nut Yeast Cheez

This morning was rainy, so since I couldn't go out to the garden, I decided to make a big, yummy breakfast. The basic Eggless Omelette recipe comes from Joanne Stepaniak's "Vegan Vittles". I put a little dried dill in the batter and loaded the insides up with all kinds of goodies. What I put on the inside usually varies with what's in the fridge, but I usually only make this when there's some veggies to put inside.

I'm a big fan of soysage. The soysage recipe is from "The New Farm Cookbook" which we find to be an indispensable resource in our kitchen. They have basic recipes for almost everything that folks might want to make and usually suggest ingredients that we have easy access to. Whenever someone in the co-op makes tofu, they leave me the okara so I can make more soysage. Yum!

No comments: