Monday, October 15, 2007

Refried Beans on Rice, Garlicky Spinach, Nut Yeast Cheez, Guacamole, Fresh Tomatillo Salsa, and Lettuce

Dinner 10/15 by Amy




• Refried Beans

• Brown Rice

• Garlicky Perpetual Spinach

• Nutritional Yeast Cheez

• Guacamole

• Fresh Salsa with Tomatillos

• Lettuce

• Sliced Hot Peppers

I was supposed to help Amy with tonight's dinner, but an injury knocked me off my feet and out of the kitchen for the evening. Nevertheless, Amy proved she doesn't need me at all to whip up a fabulous Mexican feast.

Because we didn't plan very far ahead, Amy had to use the quick-soak method to soften the pinto beans, soaking them in boiling-hot water and allowing them to cool there until she needed them. The perpetual spinach came from Dan's garden, as did the lettuce and hot peppers.

The salsa was a brilliant act of reusing of leftovers, since when I made salsa last time I made a huge overabundance. A few tomatillos from Dan's garden added a little spice. Rachel and Tony brought back some avocados from their journey, which allowed us the all-to-rare treat that is guacamole. All in all, a delicious and filling meal.

No comments: