Monday, October 29, 2007

Shepherdess Pie, Herbed Brown Gravy, Pumpkin Pie Brownie

Dinner 10/29 by Amy and Juan



• Shepherdess Pie

• Herbed Brown Gravy

• Pumpkin Pie Brownie

Shepherdess Pie is my take on old-fashioned Shepherd's Pie, but instead of meat inside, I used green lentils with onions, garlic, celery, carrot, green peppers along with thyme, rosemary, sage. No parsley though. :) Simple potatoes mashed with oil, salt and pepper topped off the dish.

Juan made some herbed brown gravy from Joanne Stepaniak's "Nutritional Yeast Cookbook". I love this gravy because it's fast and tasty. I've even made it without the tahini and it's still delicious. Tonight, we made it with the tahini and it smothered the pie perfectly.

The pumpkin pie brownie was a recipe that I couldn't resist trying after seeing it on the Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World blog. It's basically a brownie with pumpkin mixed in with a layer of pumpkin pie filling on top. Seriously worth getting two bowls dirty! Check out her site for a good pic. Mine looked just as good, but I ate it too fast to take a photo! :)

No comments: