Sunday, June 24, 2007

Breakfast for Dinner

Dinner 6/24 by Amy and Juan



• Eggless Omelettes

• Roasted Potatoes

I like to eat eggless omelettes for breakfast, but decided to make them for dinner tonight. The basic Eggless Omelette recipe comes from Joanne Stepaniak's "Vegan Vittles". Again, I put dried dill in the batter. Inside was fried soysage (made with okara leftover from when Dan made tofu), sautéed onions and Ironweed greens, and nutritional yeast cheez from "The New Farm Cookbook".

The potatoes that Dan made last night were so good, that I thought I'd make them in that style again -- large chunks of potato and onion tossed with oil, salt, pepper, rosemary and some basil. If we had had garlic, I would have thrown that in too, but garlic won't be ready for eating for another few weeks. Put the pan in the oven on about 400 degrees stirring now and again to keep it from sticking to the bottom. Done when all soft and buttery. Mmmm...

No comments: