Monday, June 11, 2007

Triple Protein Chili and Cornbread

Dinner 6/11 by Jan



• Chili with Kidney Beans, TVP, and Seitan

• Cornbread

• Salad with Radishes and Green Onions

Look at me gettin' fancy with the photographs. Woo! :)

Chili is one of those dishes that we get a fair amount of around here. When folks who are new to Bobolink (and sometimes new to vegan cooking), they frequently make this old standby. It's reliable, there are lots of variations, and cornbread is tasty. Tonight, Jan whipped some up with three kinds of protein and garlic scapes. I enjoyed the cornbread made from fresh ground corn. Though our mill turns it into corn flour more than corn meal, it still bakes up delicious.

I have also been enjoying the herbs that Ironweed has been putting in our salads. Mostly it's been dill, but I've also found a few mint leaves. This adds a lot of flavor to our currently-mostly-lettuce salads -- more than just having herbs in the dressing. I highly recommend it!

No comments: