Friday, December 7, 2007

Barbecue Seitan, Mashed Potatoes, Veggie Soup

Dinner 12/7 by Dan



• Barbeque Seitan

• Mashed Potatoes

• Veggie Soup

I love it when other people make seitan because Juan and I seem to make it a lot and I always like to see how they make it. Everyone seems to have a different technique.

The mashed potatoes were made from our stash. They were grown by a neighboring organic farmer. We bought a large quantity, cured them and they are hanging out in boxes in the dark back area of the house. We're hoping they'll last for most of the winter.

The veggie soup was made with tomato juice as a base. Dan threw in onions, garlic, carrots and brussels sprouts. I'd never had brussels sprouts in soup before and they were juicy and tender. I'm still pretty amazed that we are still eating things from the garden (brussels sprouts at this point) even though they're covered with snow and ice.

No comments: